Product must be returned in undamaged, sell-able condition within 7 days of purchase to receive a cash or credit refund. Credit refunds will be returned to the card used for purchase.
Product may be returned or exchanged for store credit in the form of a gift card when in undamaged, sell-able condition within 30 days of purchase.
Proof of purchase must be provided in order to return or exchange an item, either under personal purchase history or by showing a receipt from Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® for the purchase.
Manufacturing errors (sealed item is damaged when package is opened) may be returned to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® so we can report the error to the manufacturer: original packaging is required.
Clearance or discount items are not eligible for return.
- The minimum price of an item placed on layaway is $30.00
- The minimum initial deposit is 25% of the retail cost of the item or items + sales tax
- Sales Tax is collected on each payment
- If special ordering or pre-ordering a product over $100, an initial 25% deposit must be collected
- The balance must be paid off within 60 days of the initial deposit. There can be as many or as few payments as the customer is comfortable with
- If the layaway is not paid off during the 60-day period, any payments to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® are voided and all payments are non-refundable
- The initial deposit and all payments made to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® can be refunded as store credit within 60 days. If ALL payments were made using the same tender, and the customer provides receipts proving this is the case, a refund can be made to a card or via cash with Manager approval
- By signing and dating the layaway form you are agreeing to these terms
Variant Cover Policy
It is common practice in the comic market to mark up variant covers in price due to their limited availability. Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® is unique because we do not follow this practice, and choose to sell them at cover price. Subscribers are allowed to request variants for the series that they are subscribed to, but will only receive one of each available cover in order to keep special or sought after variant covers from going to a single individual. Orders and requests for variant covers are never guaranteed, and a subscription for variants only will not be accepted.
Subscribers are randomized when comics are pulled every week in order to make the distribution of variant covers as fair as possible.
Subscribers to a book will take precedence over special orders for variant covers, meaning that a special order will only be filled if no subscribers have requested the variant, or the subscribers also received the variant. Special orders are limited to one of each variant, but can be placed for multiple variants for a book if there will be more than one released. These are filled by the earliest date placed to the latest date placed.
Once the books hit the new wall on Wednesday morning, the cap on variant ordering goes away, meaning that if a customer comes in on Wednesday morning in person when they release, the customer can purchase multiple copies of available variants that made it to the New Wall. Customers are not allowed to call to put multiple copies of variants on hold. The only way to gain access to multiple copies of the same variant cover, whether you are a subscriber or regular customer, is to come in when we open early on Wednesday morning at 9AM.
These policies are in place in order to make access to variants fair, and to prevent customers from ordering multiple copies to sell or take advantage of the lack of mark-up. Distributing them among our clientele as equally as possible ensures that the most subscribers possible receive variants if they have specified they would like them. The best way to get access to variant covers is to start a subscription, and specify which kind of variants for the series that the customer would prefer if the customer has an artist preference such as Scottie Young, who is well known for the variant covers he creates.