We take pride in supporting our local community, and hold several annual or bi-annual events to raise money and supplies for some wonderful charities, fundraisers, and organizations here in Austin. If you would like to donate to our annual charity fund, this money is used throughout the year to support the below organizations to help achieve our fundraising goals for them! If there is any remaining in the fund at the end of the year, we use it to buy toys and games for Blue Santa!
DONATE TODAY TO THE DRAGON’S LAIR CHARITY FUND!
- A fundraiser that gathers funds to help support the cost of diagnostics, treatment, and other expenses for those affected by AIDS here in Austin and the surrounding area.
- Every spring we collect donations at the register for HCRA, allowing us to donate over $1,000 annually and bring better awareness to our community.
- CASA is an organization that helps children all through Austin and the surrounding areas who have been abused or otherwise neglected.
- Every year we attend the CASA superhero run to help provide them extra coverage with our social media, and to donate free fans and books to the participants of the event.
- This organization operates out of a small church in North Austin, and works to provide food, toiletries, and clothes to families in need all through Austin.
- Twice a year we host a food drive called CanMander, where Magic players donate hundreds of pounds of non perishables to the food pantry. On average we have donated over 1200 pounds of food a year!
- A massive walk through the city to help raise awareness and fight the stigma surrounding AIDS, while also helping raise funds for HIV prevention and other care services.
- We have begun hosting a charity gaming event every late summer/early fall where all the proceeds from the event are donated!
- A haunted house that collects funds for local cancer related charities and support organizations
- Every October we collect donations at the registers, allowing us to donate over $1,000 annually and help this group gain more exposure among the community.
- A gaming focused event where people across the nation raise money through a variety of gaming related events that are donated to their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Our donations specifically support Dell Children’s Hospital here in Austin, and every year we look for bigger and better ways to turn the store into an all out day of gaming to raise funds and awareness for this wonderful organization. All of our gaming communities – from Pathfinder, to Warhammer, and everything in between – get involved in these events!
- The Austin Police department collects and distributes toys, games, and books to the children of families in need, ensuring they are able to celebrate a happy holiday along with all the other families in Austin.
- Every year we set up donation stations in our store where people can donate new books, toys, games, and more to be delivered at the end of December.
- We Are Blood has been drawing Central Texans together since 1951 when they were founded by the Travis County Medical Society. As the exclusive community blood supplier, We Are Blood now serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area!
- We were thrilled to host our first 3 hour blood drive in August, and are looking forward to another successful event in the future!