Dragon’s Lair is a Safe Environment
Since 1986, Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® has been a safe and welcoming environment for any member of the comics and gaming fandom community regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation or gender identity. We strive to create an atmosphere in which anyone and everyone feels safe and comfortable in the store shopping and participating in events. We have a diverse staff that spans a wide spectrum that can empathize and relate to everyone. Not only do we believe this as a staff but we practice this in our actions and have protections against inappropriate behavior and speech in our Code of Conduct that is posted online and in store and applies to all guests.
If ever a person feels uncomfortable or marginalized in our space we ask that they bring it to the attention of our staff and will see to it that the situation is addressed.
Code of Conduct
During your interaction with Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®, you are agreeing to behave with a certain level of decorum and civility. The following is a list of guidelines Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy customers are expected to follow while gaming or shopping with us.
- No swearing or offensive language.
- Keep voices appropriate for inside. (No yelling, screaming or excessive loud noise.)
- Please keep all music and sound effects at a reasonable volume. No music with excessive swearing or offensive content is permitted.
- No pornography.
- No alcohol, illegal drugs or intoxication is permitted on Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® property.
- No smoking (including vaping) is allowed inside Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®. Due to state and city ordinances, all smoking must take place 15 or more feet from the front entrance of the building.
- No unlicensed firearms or other illegal weapons or substances.
- Conduct yourselves with civility; if you cannot resolve your argument civilly, please continue it another time.
- Please do not wander the store with your backpack, duffel or other large bag or container. If you are gaming, please leave your gaming supplies at your table or behind the front counter.
- If you are not gaming, please leave any large bag or container behind the front counter.
- No running, wrestling, horseplay or fighting.
- No drinks without lids or open food containers. Please close chip bags, cookie bags, or any other food container.
- We have a store cat. Please be respectful of them. (No chasing the cat, no laying on the cat and please do not pick up the cat without speaking to a store employee.)
- Do not feed the store cat.
- You are responsible for the cleanliness of the room or space you are using. All customers using Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® space are expected to clean up after they use our space and leave the space as clean and neat as they found it.
- No unpaid merchandise is allowed in any gaming room.
- We expect everyone who comes into Dragon’s Lair to show respect to everyone in the store. We have a welcoming environment we strive to maintain and all customers and players are expected to show good sportsmanship when it comes to dealing with others. Rude or abusive behavior is not allowed.
One thought on “Store Policies”
Comments are closed.